- Our principles regarding privacy
- What kind of personal data do we collect?
- Why and for what purposes do we collect and process your personal data?
- Storing personal data
- Security of your personal data
- Your rights to examine your personal data
- Removing your personal data
- Disclosure of information to third parties
Our principles regarding privacy
We do not take our users privacy lightly. Our users demand protection for their own privacy, and we are more than happy to do our best to make sure our users privacy is as secure as it can possibly be.
- We never share your information with any third party without your permission. We believe that in order to succeed as company, taking care of our users personal information and keeping them happy is one of our main goals.
- We are willing to put serious effort in to keep your personal information secured. We dedicate time and resources to assure that your privacy is never in danger.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
We collect information regarding your particulars and data about your usage of our service.
Personal information we collect from your usage of Brella:
- Particulars: name and organization you present.
- Contact information: You must provide us your e-mail address and password
- Data about your device: We collect information about the device you use: type of your device, your IP-address and various diagnostic data. Diagnostic data is collected anonymously, so it can not be connected to your user profile.
- If you use your device to connect to a third party service, such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, we may collect data you provide to this particular third party, such as your contacts, calendar entries, photos, log in information and suchlike data you give to this particular third party service. However, we never collect this data without your permission.If you do not grant your particular permission to us, we will not collect this information.
- User information: we may collect data about how you use Brella and our services, what other websites you visit and what kind of user settings you have chosen (such as language and time-zone) for research purposes.
- User generated data: messages, photos, videos, searches etc.
- Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and our third party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our behalf or we may do this ourselves.
Why and for what purposes do we collect and process your personal data?
For various reasons:
- To improve Brella: we use our users personal information to create a better understanding of who are our users and how they use our services. This data helps us to improve our services to fit better to our users needs.
- Customer service: we may use your contact information, device information and usage data in connection with our customer service.
- Contacting you: with your provided contact information, we may contact you concerning development of Brella or contact you directly in special occasions, such as your profiles troubleshooting or regarding your orders from Brella.
- Developing our user experience: data we collect may help us improve our overall user experience. For example, location information may be used to develop such services, where location has significant meaning for our service. Data collected by third party, such as LinkedIn, may be used to synchronize your data with your LinkedIn profile. This helps you to make us of your personal information between these services.
- Marketing: we may send you information about our products and services unless you prohibit us from doing so. Your personal information is never shared with any third party, unless you particularly permit us to do it.
Storing personal data
We store collected data in third party services (“hosting service provider”), which are located in the European Economic Area, and the data is processed in such servers. By using Brella you grant us a permission to store and transmit your personal information outside of your country of residence to those countries where the hosting service providers we use are located, and a permission to process this data in these countries. If you do not wish your personal information to be stored and processed this way, please refrain from using the application or service.
Security of your personal data
In compliance with applicable laws and regulations, we have taken sufficient actions and technical measurements to ensure that your personal data is safe. We store collected data in third party services that we trust and who use secure databases, adequate firewalls and SSL-communication and have shown great interest towards protecting our users privacy by using physical access control in their data centers.
Although we have dedicated time and resources to make sure your information is safe, we can not guarantee our ability to prevent any loss or misuse of your personal data. Brella can not be held responsible in the event that such loss or misuse occurs.
Your rights to examine your personal data
We can not confirm the accuracy or faultlessness of your personal information. In case you have reason to suspect that there may be error or mistake in our collected data, you may ask to verify this information by yourself. If you wish to use your right to verify your information, send us a written request and adequate evidence of your identity to the address below:
Tapionkatu 4 B 14
Removing your personal data
You may ask us to remove any of your personal data we have collected. Please send us a written request to address provided earlier and adequate evidence of your identity. You can also remove your account from the service
Disclosure of information to third parties
Excluding hosting service providers, we never share your data with any third party unless:
- you have clearly granted us a permission to do so
- It is necessary in order to detect and prevent a fraud, a crime or a security breach.
- Applicable law requires us to share your personal information
- We may share other than your personal information (data we collect anonymously) with carefully chosen third parties
The purpose of cookies is to improve user experience on the website and the application. Cookies also give Brella the opportunity to track and study subjects that are of interest to the user and to enhance its websites, focus marketing and develop products and services. Most Internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but users may modify their browser settings to disable cookies if they wish. Blocking or disabling the cookies may affect the functionality of the websites and the application
Administrator of person register is Brella Oy/Ltd, business ID 2765076-7, and its registered office is Tapionkatu 4 B 14, 40100 Jyväskylä, FINLAND.
Name of this person register is Register of Brella-users.
If you are under 13 years old, you need your guardian’s permission to use our products and services. We do not consciously collect any information from under 13 years old people. If you are under 13 years old, please refrain from using such services that require you to submit any personal data to us