Brella provides the world’s smartest networking platform for events. We have digitally transformed thousands of events across 56 different countries worldwide and hosted hundreds of thousands of 1:1 meetings. Meeting the right people shouldn’t be a coincidence.
Our customers are the thought leaders in their respective industries, like Google, Microsoft, AT&T, Informa Knect365, Ernst & Young, Qualcomm, IBM, TechCrunch, Techstars, Hubspot, Ericsson and The Linux Foundation, among many others. Founded in 2016, Brella’s headquarters are located in Finland, with a US headquarters in New York.
We are creating a new hybrid event industry and need your help to make it happen. That’s why we are now looking for an experienced Senior Front End Developer for Fall 2020 to join our product team and to help us develop a top-notch product to Brella’s customers and end users around the world. In exchange, we offer independent working methods backed by an experienced team.
In this role you will have a responsibility of our product development both with the product team and with your heart. You’ll get a chance to work together with our highly talented, international tech talents to build beautiful, scalable and innovative UI.
This is a pretty unique project as we are in a process of re-building our core product from the ground up. The best time to join the ride is now.
You’ll be part of Brella’s Product team, based in Helsinki HQ or in our Jyväskylä office. In your role you’ll get an opportunity to build the next big thing for a $26 billion market that is growing steadily and nowadays also virtually: the event industry.
“Everyone in the product team is super talented, which makes me feel like I'm also really good at my job. It also leads to the trust that I can give my honest opinion and input about a certain problem, and others can do so also, so we can reach the best possible solution. So I feel like I bring value to the team.” (Brella’s CTO)
Why Brella & our product team? 🚀
- A unique development project where you can truly see the impact of your work.
- A challenging opportunity with one of the fastest-growing startups in Finland.
- Excellent coaching opportunities from an experienced and dedicated team.
- You get to be challenged daily to grow in a truly global team.
- Lots of responsibility and room for growth.
- Flexible working hours and great office facilities.
How would your daily work look like? 🖥️
- As a front-end developer at Brella, you'll be involved in the product development process from start to finish, from building new features to scaling our architecture.
- Building our component library closely with our designers.
- Be part of a team moving our existing stack from React DOM to React Native Web.
- Work closely with our backend devs to help them improve and make changes to our private API.
- Test, measure & improve performance constantly.
- Work in short development cycles in XP fashion.
What kind of front-end developer you are? 🦄
- You have gained at least 2-3 years of hands-on experience in React and/or React Native.
- 5+ years experience as a software developer.
- You like to keep your code simple & clean.
- You have been part of shipping a React or React Native project to an existing user base, at scale.
- You'll enjoy a high level of ownership of the features you work on and you place a lot of value in the clarity, scalability and overall quality of your code.
- Front-end field is moving fast so you easily keep up with the field and want to share knowledge with your team.
- You love coding, but you also have good communication skills and ability to discuss design decisions. We work as a team!
- You have the understanding of lean product development.
- You have excellent English skills, it's our internal working language.
What to expect from our recruitment process ♻️
Before making any further decisions, you’ll meet:
👋Our Head of Product Mikko. He’ll tell you more about our awesome product team and our exciting growth plans.
👋One of your potential future colleagues. We can organize a pair programming session so you get a glimpse of our way of working.
👋Our Talent & Culture Lead Hanna. She’ll tell you more about our Brella culture & values.
Do you want to have an influence on Brella's future and grow with us?
The position is filled as soon as we find the right fit.
This is an onsite job, but there is a possibility for remote work every now and then. Thumbs up for the perfect match! 👍