Hey there! 👋 Here’s Brella in a nutshell
Only established in 2016, Brella has already helped hundreds of thousands of people at events find jobs, colleagues, investors, etc., and is on a path towards rapid international scaling. We provide the world’s smartest event platform with the heart in networking and so far we have digitally transformed thousands of events across 60+ different countries worldwide. Our clients include well-known brands such as Google, Samsung, and TechCrunch as well as the world’s biggest event organizer such as Informa, IQPC, and Euromoney.
Will you be Brella’s next Sales Director? 🧐
Are you looking to develop and drive sales strategies and contribute to our continuing international growth? Look no further! We are looking for an experienced Sales Director with a hands-on attitude to manage, develop and coach our EMEA Sales team. This team's goal is to close new business from both outbound and inbound channels, and you would be in a key role to help Brella reach its growth targets.
We have been global since day one and we are growing fast (tripled our ARR in 2020), so you get to join us at an extremely interesting time! The success of you and the Sales team as a whole is critical in Brella’s capability to achieve our future growth targets. The best time to join this ride is now!
“During our hyper growth last year we built a strong foundation for a data-driven sales machine (Sales Playbook, metrics, CRM guidelines etc). However, we have only just scratched the surface of the growth potential in our new business sales, which means that the Sales Director will have a huge impact on our future success as a company.” (Sami, Brella’s Chief Revenue Officer)
Why Brella & our Sales team? 🚀
- The event industry is in the middle of a huge global transformation and Brella is in a great position to disrupt the market and come out as a big winner.
- There is a huge demand for our product which our customers love.
- The rapidly changing event market offers endless learning opportunities - everyone keeps learning from one month to the next.
- A truly international working environment with 20+ nationalities in the team. We embrace diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion.
- We have a very strong people-first culture. You'll have the opportunity to grow with (and into) your tasks in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Easygoing and open culture with emphatic, down-to-earth Brella colleagues.
- Growth mindset is one of our values, we’re always willing to improve our ways of working.
- We have flexible working arrangements and great office facilities in the heart of Helsinki (Kamppi).
- Lots of little surprises to make you feel connected to everyone even though we’re working from home for now.
- Comprehensive benefits package (e.g., lunch benefit, sports & culture benefit, and extensive insurance package, to name a few)
How would your daily work look like? 🖥️
- Manage the EMEA Sales team to reach our monthly new sales target in our biggest sales region. Currently the team consists of 9 sales professionals (Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives).
- Inspire, lead and coach a dynamic and fast paced sales team.
- Coach and provide feedback to the sales team in the areas of sales/personal development, direction and focus.
- Conduct weekly forecast reviews and individual 1-on-1s.
- Assist sales team with client meetings, presentations and negotiation.
- Ongoing process improvements, recommendations and implementation of systems that will make our team more efficient. Actively contribute to the development of the new sales function together with our CRO.
- Recruiting, onboarding and training to grow and maintain the sales team.
- In order to be the best possible coach and contribute to function development you are also expected to personally bring in new customers.
- Actively cooperate with other function leaders to ensure alignment between the different functions.
What kind of a Sales Director are you? 🦄
- You have previous managerial experience in sales with a successful track record of achieving your personal and team new sales goals in a fast paced sales environment (preferably international).
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. No Finnish language required!
- You have work experience in SaaS sales and understanding of the core SaaS metrics.
- You have great logical skills and eye for detail with numbers.
- You have a hands-on attitude to coaching your team with a human-first approach.
- You have great general business acumen: you know how different companies generate revenue, what affects their profitability, what is the relationship between company strategy and their operational initiatives.
- As a manager you are caring and have the willingness to understand colleagues' inner motivations to support their growth and success.
- This role suits an ambitious team player who is committed to long term success and is eager to develop and take on more responsibility.
Next steps ✅
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! The position is filled as soon as we find the right fit. In this role you would work in our Helsinki office.
For more information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org