Brella provides the world’s leading event platform that empowers people with access to meaningful connections and knowledge. Starting from a networking tool for events, Brella has grown to digitally transform thousands of events across 60+ different countries worldwide. We are honored to work with the top thought leaders in their respective industries, like Google, Microsoft, AT&T, Informa, and Hubspot among many others. Founded in 2016, Brella’s headquarters are located in Finland.
During 2020 COVID-19 has majorly disrupted the global event industry and it is being confronted by its Napster moment. Brella is extremely well-positioned in this rapid digitalization of a huge traditional industry, and we are now accelerating our growth and need your help to capitalize on this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Will you be Brella’s next KAM? 🧐
We are now looking for an experienced and commercial-focused Key Account Manager to reach our growth goals within our customers. We believe that growth lies in our existing customer base and that’s why we need a person with a very proactive sales mindset. The goal in this role is to build value for our existing customers so that we can grow together. This means ensuring that our customers keep renewing their contracts with us and that the accounts grow by actively upselling and cross-selling our services.
You will have a crucial role in our business performance: monthly growth in our existing customers is already exceeding our monthly new sales growth. This means that the success of you and the KAM team as a whole is critical in Brella’s capability to achieve our future growth targets. We're born global and are at the moment tripling our revenue annually, so you get to join us at an extremely interesting time!
Why Brella & our KAM team? 🚀
- The event industry is in the middle of a huge global transformation and Brella is in a great position to disrupt the market and come out as a big winner.
- Our fast global growth and relatively small size can offer lots of opportunities for high achievers.
- At Brella you get to be challenged daily to grow in a truly global team with one of the fastest-growing startups in Finland.
- We have a very strong people-first culture. You'll have the opportunity to grow with (and into) your tasks in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- You get to sell a product for which there is a huge demand and that our customers love.
- You have our Customer Success team’s professionals supporting the success of your portfolio customers by providing additional consulting services.
- We have a very wide-ranging customer base from professional b2b conference organizers to corporate and non-profit events, so you get to work with super exciting and interesting people and industries.
- The rapidly changing event market offers endless learning opportunities - everyone keeps learning from one month to the next.
- We have flexible working hours and great office facilities in the heart of Helsinki (Kamppi).
“Until fall 2020 Brella has been very reactive with our existing customers. In order to help our customers and grow faster as a company, we have recently launched the Key Account Management team. There is huge potential to grow Brella within our existing customer base and you get to actively contribute together with the team in creating the Brella KAM Playbook and make a massive impact on Brella’s growth.” (Sami, Brella’s Chief Revenue Officer)
How would your daily work look like? 🖥️
- This is a relatively new role in Brella so we are eager to hear your insights as well! In the best scenario, you’ll bring your expertise and experience to the table and we’ll develop the role together! 💪
- The main focus in this role is to execute our three different account management processes: 1) contract renewal 2) upsell and cross-sell 3) churn turn.
- You’ll have daily communication and meetings with our awesome portfolio of approx. 100 customers.
- The goal is to manage successful sales negotiations with our existing customers and build long-lasting relationships with them.
- You understand the importance of data to account management success, and you will be complying with Brella’s CRM guidelines on a daily basis.
- You have regular discussions and check-ups with your colleagues in our Customer Success team, who focus on providing training and consultation to maximize our customers’ success with the Brella platform.
- In this position, you will get both the freedom to perform and the support from your awesome KAM team. This means that it will be possible to take ownership and work independently but also discuss potential clients and other issues together with your colleagues to be able to make decisions together.
What kind of KAM are you? 🦄
- First and foremost, we are looking for a person who is extremely motivated in doing proactive sales work and has a demonstrated history of achieving individual targets in account management.
- You have gained experience in proactive, growth-oriented account management (preferably international) and in the events or tech industry.
- You have a strong general business acumen: how do different companies generate revenue, what affects their profitability, what is the relationship between company strategy and their operational initiatives etc.
- You have the needed skillset to diagnose prospect’s business pains (familiar with e.g. SPIN model or similar).
- You have the competencies to sell solutions and benefits instead of products and features (familiar with e.g. Features-Advantage-Benefits framework).
- You have a systematic approach to work: the ability to follow through with relatively fast-paced to-do -lists and the ability to prioritize daily work to sustainably manage a portfolio of approx. 100 recurring customers.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English. No Finnish language required!
- This role suits an ambitious team player who likes to work in a fast-paced environment and has a drive to meet or even better exceed their targets.
What to expect from our recruitment process ♻️
Before making any further decisions, you’ll meet:
👋 Our Chief Revenue Officer Sami. He’ll tell you more about our awesome KAM team and our exciting growth plans.
👋 One of your potential future colleagues. So you get a glimpse of our way of working.
👋 Our Head of Talent & Culture Hanna and one of Brella’s co-founders. They’ll tell you more about our Brella culture & values.
Do you want to have an influence on Brella's future and grow with us?
Please add a short (max. 1min) video and introduce yourself! We would love to see your passion!
This is a Helsinki-based onsite job, but there is a possibility for remote work every now and then. Thumbs up for the perfect match! 👍