Hey there! 👋 Here’s Brella in a nutshell
Only established in 2016, Brella has already helped hundreds of thousands of people at events find jobs, colleagues, investors, etc., and is on a path towards rapid international scaling. We provide the world’s smartest event platform with the heart in networking and so far we have digitally transformed thousands of events across 60+ different countries worldwide. Our clients include well-known brands such as Google, Samsung, and TechCrunch as well as the world’s biggest event organizer such as Informa, IQPC, and Euromoney.
Will you be Brella’s next Controller? 🧐
We’re now looking for our first Controller to join our small and talented Finance team! This is a pretty exciting role since we are growing and reshaping our Finance function over the next few years, so you’ll get to be a key player in this process and would be joining us in an extremely interesting time. Brella has no bureaucracy, we’re a flat organization, and you would work closely with our Head of Finance and get ownership of your own areas of responsibility. So, if you’re looking for your next challenge in the finance field, the best time to join this ride is now!
Why Brella & our Finance team? 🚀
- Our small Finance team offers a lot of ownership and possibilities to grow in your role. We’re a flat organization where your direct manager would be our Head of Finance.
- The event industry is in the middle of a huge global transformation and Brella is in a great position to disrupt the market and come out as a big winner.
- A truly international working environment with 20+ nationalities in the team. We embrace diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion.
- We have a very strong people-first culture. You'll have the opportunity to grow with (and into) your tasks in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Relaxed and open culture where we’re always willing to improve our ways of working.We have flexible working hours and great office facilities in the heart of Helsinki. We also offer remote work, so it doesn’t matter which city in Finland you are located in.
- Comprehensive benefits package (e.g., lunch benefit, sports & culture benefit, and extensive insurance package, to name a few)
How would your daily work look like? 🖥️
- Ensure monthly closing of Finnish and US books is done accurately and timely.
- Act as the main point of contact from Brella’s side to our Finnish and US accountants.
- Prepare monthly financial dashboards both for internal and external use.
- Help with forecasting and budgeting.
- Collaborate closely with our Head of Finance Henri and also with other function heads about financial reporting related matters.
- Develop Brella’s finance processes together with our Head of Finance.
What kind of a Controller are you? 🦄
- You have 3+ years of experience from similar Controller role and responsibilities.
- You have exprecience from SaaS-accounting, SaaS-metrics and SaaS revenue recognition fundamentals.
- You are used to working with outsourced accountants.
- You have advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills.
- You have great attention to detail and you approach your tasks with accuracy.
- You enjoy working independently and are able to take responsibility of your own work.
- You are eager to continuously learn and develop both yourself and the company's processes.
- US accounting and taxation knowledge is seen as a plus.
Next steps ✅
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
The position is filled as soon as we find the right fit. In this role you can work either in our Helsinki or Jyväskylä office or fully remotely in Finland.
For more information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org